Refer a Patient
To refer a patient, please call (800) USC-CARE (800-872-2273).
To urgently transfer a patient, please call the USC Transfer Center (855) USC-BEDS (855-872-2337).
To refer a patient for an endoscopy please call USC Endoscopy (855) USC-ENDO (855-872-3636).
As a regional leader and provider for tertiary and quaternary services, the Keck Medical Center of USC offers immediate access to lifesaving care for patients with need for emergent treatment.
The Transfer Center is designed for immediate, multi-faceted care with a concentration of specialists across multiple areas of expertise ready to assist you and your patients when needed.
With one phone call, the Keck Medical Center of USC Transfer Center will provide you with direct access to an attending USC specialist and quick acceptance.
- Referring physician or hospital case manager calls (855) USC-BEDS (855-872-2337)
- Call is answered “live” by a qualified nurse intake specialist.
- The nurse specialist works with the referring physician [or referrer] to determine the appropriate USC surgeon or specialist.
- An attending USC specialist is immediately contacted.
- A three-way call then takes place among the referrer, selected attending USC specialist and nurse intake specialist to address all immediate patient care needs.
- Real-time decision-making leads to expedited clinical acceptance.
- Nurse specialist and local case manager process transfer and transport needs, such as the Rapid Transfer Service (ambulance service).
- Patient is transferred, and it all happens in one call.